1) Accountability & Transparency – We collect, administer and disburse donations in an honest and transparent manner. 1
2) Fairness and respect – We help all who need help, regardless of race, language, religion or social status. We must always be neutral and unbiased regardless of our own personal views.
3) Communication – To share our decision-making process, give timely and unbiased updates on cases, be open to feedback, and ensure we maintain an efficient and effective platform for our donors.
4) Maximise Social Impact – Through innovation, partnerships and prudent resource allocation, we ensure that every dollar donated achieves optimal results.
Ray of Hope’s Vision = To build a trusted platform, incorporating casework and counselling as well as programmes for the people in our community to help one another, as a positive giving experience cultivates a greater sense of individual responsibility, leading to stronger social cohesion within our community.
Ray of Hope’s Mission Statement = To help donors and volunteers in our community help those who have fallen through the cracks.
Ray of Hope is a registered charity founded in November 2012. We are dedicated to helping deserving individuals and families living within our community who are going through hardship, who have a genuine need for help and may otherwise have no access to assistance. Ray of Hope aims to build a society where the people in our community help one another; as a positive giving experience cultivates a greater sense of individual responsibility, leading to stronger social cohesion within our community.
100% of all your donations goes to our beneficiaries.
We will disburse any funds to our beneficiaries, even if the target is not fulfilled.
(Update) We’re happy to inform donors that as of of 21 April, the Stripe fee has been lower to around 2%. We will continue to work hard to lower this fee so that we can channel our resources in helping more beneficiaries.
As always, 100% of your donations go to beneficiaries & campaigns. We will continue to cover this fee if you choose to opt out at the checkout page.
(Before 21 April) Stripe charges Ray of Hope around 2.35% per transaction/donation that comes through our platform.
Ray of Hope covers this fee so that 100% of your donations go to the beneficiaries. We are the only crowdfunding platform in Singapore that goes the extra mile to cover this fee.
You can choose to help us by covering this fee (opt out) at checkout. If you do not, we will still cover this fee so that all of your donations goes to our beneficiaries.
For example, if you are donating $100 to a beneficiary, the stripe fee will be around $2.35. During the checkout process, if you decided to opt out, Ray of Hope will cover the $2.35 to make sure that the beneficiary still gets $100, instead of $97.65.
Ray of Hope raises funds for those living in Singapore. Our vision is to build a trusted platform incorporating casework and counselling as well as programmes for the people in our community to help one another, as a positive giving experience cultivates a greater sense of individual responsibility, leading to stronger cohesion within our community.
Please note that all donations made are non-refundable.
We do not store your credit card or debit card details. We utilise Stripe as our merchant facility, therefore your payment details are stored with our merchant Stripe.
If donations raised for a beneficiary are exceeded, excess funds will be channeled to help other Ray of Hope beneficiaries whose targets are not met.
Unless explicitly stated in the campaign, only donations to our charity partners who are Institute of Public Character (IPC) are tax deductible. Tax deduction is given directly by our partners, not by Ray of Hope.
Ray of Hope is a registered charity and a member of National Council of Social Service (NCSS) but not an IPC.
Ray of Hope is different because there is:
1) Donor accountability – All donations are collected by Ray of Hope. We perform due diligence before donations are disbursed.
2) Structured and responsible disbursement of funds – We work closely with all our recipients to estimate their income and living expenses, debt, medical bills et cetera before funds are raised. Disbursements are then made in installments, sometimes in the form of vouchers to ensure that the money is used appropriately.
3) Personal touch for giving – Donations are disbursed directly to the individual or family and not to a general pool. Donors receive continuous and timely updates on our beneficiaries’ progress.